Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 7: Goal achieved, hungry to eat, hungry to help!

I don't have anything too profound to say today... really all I have to talk about and all I've been thinking about in the last 24 hours is FOOD! I've been on a cooking spree because of it, even though I haven't been able to eat any of it yet! In the past 2 days I've made tomato basil pasta sauce, carrot nut bread, muscadine grape jelly and eggplant parmesan all from scratch with our fresh CSA ingredients (which is a major part of weeks 2-4 of this month). I'm crazy hungry and I can't wait to eat a real meal when I break my fast tonight at midnight. I'm proud of myself for making it 7 days on 7 foods alone! I was pretty sure I would crack on Day 1, but here I am on Day 7 with 3 hours to go! The hunger is kicking my butt right now, especially after taking a spin class this morning, volunteering at Jackson's school, buying materials for my business this afternoon and then cooking and getting the kids to bed tonight. I'm spent! And hungry. I wonder if those without food are this hungry all the time? If they constantly think about food? Does the hunger every subside? It breaks my heart to think that it probably does not. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to live in a constant state of hunger. It makes me feel extremely thankful, blessed, guilty, sad, and raging with desire to change the world all at the same time! I'm not sure what that means for me just yet, but I am really excited about what the rest of the month holds in serving others for whom this is a daily suffering and continuing to pray over them as well.

And I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty darn excited about digging into that eggplant parm at midnight and will be praising God with every bite!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment